Re: [INTERFACES] Always get TranBlock notice using 'c'

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Always get TranBlock notice using 'c'
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 03:51:28PM -0500, Robert Rothe wrote:
> When writing apps using 'c' and the preprocessor, I always get a
> "NOTICE: BeginTransactionBlock not in default state" with my first BEGIN

If you want to expclicitely call BEGIN you either have to call ecpg with
option '-t' to change the default value or issue a EXEC SQL SET AUTOCOMMIT ON
in your program.

> statement.  I've tried placing a COMMIT and END at the beginning of the
> app, but then I just get a NOTICE on the commit and another one on the
> BEGIN.

The default of ecpg is that it creates a transaction for all your action
automatically and you just issue COMMITs. After a COMMIT ecpg issues a BEGIN
all by himself. With SUTOCOMMIT set to ON ecpg uses the same logic as psql
for instance, namely that each statement is a transaction of its own unless
you issue a BEGIN.

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!