Re: AW: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on (pgindent)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on (pgindent)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> OK, now we have two items on the floor.  One is 8 vs. 4 space tabs, and
> the other is different bracketing as illustrated above.
>
> I have only Vince on the new bracketing.  Let's see if others vote for
> new bracketing too.
>
> I have Tom Lane, Jan, and Peter voting for 8-space tabs, and myself and
> Andreas voting for 4-space tabs.  I think we all agree on 4-space
> indenting.
>
> Any more votes?  I see there is more discussion on this in my mailbox.

While we are waiting for votes, I have added the needed sections to the
developers FAQ on the web site and on the main tree.  This certain
should have been done earlier.

If we don't get enough votes to change the tab size to 8, maybe we can
add the /* Local variables */ line to the bottom of all the C files.
That would make Emacs users happy.  Of course, that only does Emacs.
We could throw .exrc files in the directories for vi users, usually as
one file and symlinks to the main file.

Pennsylvania19026