Re: [PORTS] QNX4 port

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [PORTS] QNX4 port
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Above you stated "lowercase $host" but not "lowercase uname -s". $host is
> "i386-pc-qnx4". Therefore it doesn't make sense to lowercase $host if you
> want to get the string "qnx". Remember, I have not got the new source yet to
> have a look at it. So I can comment only what you have written in the mail.
>
> TEMPLATE=`uname -s | tr A-Z a-z`
> will not work too because A-Z and a-z must be enclosed in square brackets on
> QNX4. So you can use
> TEMPLATE=`uname -s | tr [A-Z] [a-z]`
> or
> TEMPLATE=`uname -s | tr [:upper:] [:lower:]`
>
> Andreas Kardos

Yes, you are right.  It turns out my change was meaningless.  The real
issue is that if no template is found, configure.in does:

        if test "$GUESS"
        then TEMPLATE="$GUESS"
        else
            # Last chance ... maybe uname -s will match an entry.
            TEMPLATE=`uname -s | tr A-Z a-z`
        fi

and tries to guess the platform this way.  My guess is that this would
catch qnx.