Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Dare I suggest that we should declare feature freeze *now*,
>
> >     Only if the implementation of the temp file buffered deferred
> >     trigger event queue isn't considered a feature,
>
> It's obviously a necessary fix.  But no one seemed excited about an
> early feature freeze anyway, so disregard that comment...

Yes, Tom, I was wondering about your early freeze proposal.  If we
freeze, we may as well start beta.  However, I believe it was you who
suggested Feb 1 rather than Jan 1 because you wanted to clean up some
things.

So, I assume we are scheduled for a Feb 1 beta, and anything Jan can get
done by then should be added, including any working implementation of
foreign keys or long tuples.

It doesn't have to be 100% tested, just working. Testing is for the beta
period.  And Jan, others are ready to assist you.  I didn't understand
foreign keys, but I think I have an idea about long tuples.

Pennsylvania19026