Re: Book - SQL Aggregates

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Book - SQL Aggregates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> %--
> %--> Dear sir,
> %-->
> %--> Just one remark for your book :
> %--> in your chapter "SQL Aggregates", it is interessant perhaps if you
> %--> say if COUNT(DISTINCT ...) for example is supported.
> %-->
> %--> mb
> %-->
> %--
> %--It isn't supported.
> %--
>
> Sorry, I just want to say "It is not supported" obviously. I think, it is
> important to say it, because I search for my mistake a little bit before
> finding the answer in the FAQ.

CC to hackers.

The best way to do that is to display a mess to the user when they try
COUNT(DISTINCT...).   That makes it easy because they see it as soon as
they try it.  No hunting around, but I am not sure how to do that in the
grammer because we don't find out about aggregates until later.

Pennsylvania19026