Re: [GENERAL] memory

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] memory
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> > I have run BSDI for years and never saw this problem.  Not sure on a
> > cause, though.
>
> Bruce,
>
> I too run BSD/OS for years and on all BSD/OS versions since 2.1 and Postgres
> since 6.0 (earlier postrges releases didn't have much load here) observe the
> same problem:

[Redirected to ports list].

OK, let me suggest something.  Just write a program and see how much
memory you can malloc().  THe sbrk call is for heap memory, so see how
many 1mb chunks you can malloc before it fails.

The error sbrk() is not related to shared memory or semaphores.  THe
6.5.* code gets all shared memory and semaphores on startup, so if it
starts, it has done all that already.