Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Note that even options execpt -S is not explicitly supplied in the
> > case above (postmaster -S), other opts are shown. This file is not
> > only convenient to restart postmaster but also is usefull to determin
> > with what defaults postmaster is running, IMHO.
>
> It's not quite clear to me:  Do command line options override
> postmaster.opts options? (I would expect them to.)

No, postmaster.opts is just showing what options have been passed to
postmatser. Using it to determine what options should be given next
time is the job of pg_ctl which I'm writing now, not
postmaster's. Speaking about pg_ctl, probably I will give it the
ability to override postmaster.opts options.
--
Tatsuo Ishii