Re: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > This doesn't solve Vadim's problem.  His additional work would be to
> > write a line to the log file for each table create/delete saying I
> > deleted this table with this oid, and when reading back the
> > log, he has
> > to record the oid_username combination and use that to
> > translate his log
> > oids into actual filenames.
>
> Why that ?
>
> 24323_* will point to the correct table segments inside the db directory.
> No need to actually know what * matches to, no ?

True.  If we go with tablename_OID format, then vadim will have to scan
directory and pick up all his oids and map them to file names before
spinning through the log.  Yes, it is a little more work, but worth it.

If you put the oid at the beginning, it is easier, but it is still an
issue because you have to issues a scandir command to find the matching
name for each oid.  Actually, he can do that no matter where the oid is
stored in the name.  That may be the way he has to handle it.

Pennsylvania19026