Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Moving table file to/off database dir separately is not right way for
> backup/restore...
>
> On-line/off-line full backup utility will copy _all_ database files to
> _somewhere_ (tape etc) as well as on-line transaction logs
> and pg_control (to know when was the last checkpoint made).
> And to restore things after disk failure administrator will
> have to copy _all_ files + logs (+logs made as incremental backup)
> + pg_control back and start postmaster.

No, I am talking about restoring a single table without doing the entire
database.  If you recreate the table empty with the same structure,
shutdown db, mv table restored file to data directory and restart, table
not has old contents.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions