Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > I have to say that I'm going to change on-disk database/table/index
> > > file names to _OID_! This is required by WAL because of inside of
> > > log records there will be just database/table/index oids, not names,
> > > and after crash recovery will not be able to read pg_class to get
> > > database/table/index name using oid ...
> >
> > Wow, that is a major pain.  Anyone else think so?
>
> Why it's so painful?
> We can write utility to construct database dir with table names
> symlinked to real table files -:)
> Actually, I don't understand
> for what would you need to know what is what, (c) -:)

With Ingres, you can't just look at a file and know the table name, and
if you need to reload just one file from a tape, it is a royal pain to
know which file to bring back.  I have said Ingres make things 100 times
harder for adminstrators by doing this.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] drop/rename table and transactions