Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?

От marten@feki.toppoint.de
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 marten@feki.toppoint.de wrote:
>
> >  a) Due to the database layouts we are in need of doing all these nice
> >     sql-statements like "group by" and "having" ... and as posted earlier
> >     in this group: they're limited in PostgreSQL.
>
> Since I use 'Group By' quite a bit...Having not so much...can you be more
> specific on the problems?

 This has been discussed on the e-mail lists (sql) this month several times.
Tom also mentioned the reason for that. If I remember correctly:

 The having construct in sub-selects are not interpreted correctly and may
not return the result one hope should be the result.

 select * from TABLE-A
   where AO IN
     (select AO from TABLE-B where ... group by AO having 2<count(*))

 Statements like these do NOT work.

 They mean: return all rows from table-a if you have at least two rows
on table-b having the identical AO value.

> >  b) We had problems with vacuumdb here and there. Some times it cored.
> >     We've deleted a 300 MB database under psql and the backend cored ...
>
> What version of PostgreSQL?

 6.5.1

 Marten