Re: [GENERAL] old releases of PostgreSQL ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] old releases of PostgreSQL ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I am a graduate student studying at University of Waterloo. Now
> I am researching on the topic of Software Evolution. PostgreSQL
> is one of the "open source" example I am trying to investigate.
> My method is to use software reverse-engineering and visualization
> tool to analysis the evolution pattern of "open source" project.
>
> I downloaded all the old distributions of postgreSQL source
> code, but failed to find out the following versions:
>
> Release 6.4.1 Release 6.4 Release 6.3.2 Release 6.3.1 Release
> 6.3 Release v6.0 Release v1.09
>
> I understand Ingres of the grandfather of all IngresII, postgres95
> and postgreSQL. However, only the last version 8.9 can be founded
> on the ftp sites. I though it could be interesting to include
> Ingres evolution history into my research, in order to investigate
> the impact of Internet collaborate on traditional "open source"
> project evolution. It will be very helpful if you can show me
> where can I find out all the past releases of Ingress prior to
> version 8.9

First, read my development history on the web site and chapter 1
of my book which is also on the documentation page and is very
similar to the developemnt history article.

As far as Ingres history , I couldn't find any real hard information
either except the dates I mention in the article.  I do have ingres89
source here as well.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission critical applications?