Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?

От Jochen Topf
Тема Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criticalapplications?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk> wrote:
:> But I am not imagining the random "I have rolled back the current
: transaction
:> and am going to terminate your database system connection and exit."
: messages.

: I'm wondering if you ever reported these problems to this list or the
: the hackers list? I've been reading both regularily and don't recall
: seeing this descussed before, but maybe I'm wrong.

: Generally I find the responsiveness from the development team way better
: than any commercial products. _All_ problem reports are treated with
: concern. So if you didn't report them before, please take the time to
: document your experience and send the problem report to the correct
: place.

No I haven't reported them. I have reported a minor bug that I could reproduce
to the bug tracking system. But all the other problems I had, were, as I said,
not reproducable. I tried to come up with a small test case for some of the
bugs and failed. Sure I can report them all, but the developers will tell me,
and rightly so, that they can't do anything with it, because they can't
reproduce it. I know that this is not very helpful, but I know no easy way out
here.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf - jochen@remote.org - http://www.remote.org/jochen/