Re: [GENERAL] What would be a good way to append some text to the end of a text field?

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [GENERAL] What would be a good way to append some text to the end of a text field?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 02:45:04PM +0100, Wim Aarts wrote:

> Now I use php3 to read the text from the database then I append some
> text to it and finaly I do an update on the text field.
> Is it possible to use an SQL statement to do this directly in the
> database?

Like this?

test=> create table test_text (word_id int, words text);
CREATE
test=> insert into test_text values (1, 'some text');
INSERT 684150 1
test=> insert into test_text values (2, 'some other text');
INSERT 684151 1
test=> select * from test_text;
word_id|words
-------+---------------
      1|some text
      2|some other text
(2 rows)

test=> update test_text set words = textcat(words,', and text added later') where word_id=1;
UPDATE 1
test=> select * from test_text;word_id|words
      2|some other text
      1|some text, and text added later
(2 rows)

test=>

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

Сообщение: Rule plan string to big, HELP!
Сообщение: Rule plan string to big, HELP!