Re: [HACKERS] 7.0 status request

От Brian Hirt
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 7.0 status request
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 08:55:14PM +0100, Jan Wieck wrote:

>     It  is, because a corrupted index on a system table cannot be
>     corrected by drop/create, as a user defined index could be.
>
>     I don't know why and when  reindexdb  disappeared,  but  that
>     script  was  a  last  resort  for  exactly the situation of a
>     corrupted  system  index.   Let  me  take  a  look  if   this
>     functionality could easily be recreated.

Jan,

I submitted a very small patch to dumpdb that creates SQL that will
reindex the database.  It's then trivial to then redirect that output to
pgsql on UNIX.  I run into this problem frequently, so I wanted
to automate the process.  I never saw a reply to my post on the list,
so I wonder if it made it.

I'm not sure how reindexdb worked, but if it just generated SQL based of
the indexes in the database it would make sense to only have the SQL
generation in one common place instead of having it in dumpdb and reindexdb.
Two branches of nearly identical code would be a pain to maintain.

-brian

--
The world's most ambitious and comprehensive PC game database project.
                     http://www.mobygames.com