Re: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests  (wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 05:41:36PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > * Since no one has picked up on my idea to run the tests directly on the
> > backend, I will keep reiterating this idea until someone shuts me up
> > :*) The idea would be to have a target "check" in the top level makefile
> > like this (conceptually):
>
> Running the backend standalone does not use locking with other backends,
> so it is dangerous.

Bruce, how dos this apply to Peter's suggestion?  We're talking about
_regression_ tests. Things to do after changing the code. Do you often
recompile, and run regression tests against a db with a (now out of date)
postmaster running against it? Do other developers?  I'd have thought a
complete shutdown/restart is part of the cycle anyway.  has to be if an
initdb is in there of course.  Checking to make sure a postmaster isn't
running could be added to Peter's script, just to be sure.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] psql & regress tests