Re: [GENERAL] Debian PKG.

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Debian PKG.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jason Leach wrote:
  >Does anyone know of an update to the Debain 2.1 pgsql
  >package?  At the moment I have 6.3.x, and would like
  >to at least get up to 6.4 so I can compile the perl DBI and
  >DBD interfaces.

6.3.x is in the stable release of Debian; later versions of postgresql are
to be found in the unstable distribution.

  >Also, what is generally more parctical to learn? Pgsql with
  >Perl or Java?  What's more commonly used as an interface
  >in a production system under Linux/Unix?

My personal view of Java on Linux is that it is rather unstable and it is
difficult to get good free software.

Perl is much more reliable; however I haven't learnt it.  My own efforts are
devoted to making an Eiffel library to interface to libpq.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] CREATE OPERATOR error
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] CREATE OPERATOR error