Re: [GENERAL] Debian PKG.

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Debian PKG.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 15 November 1999, at 19 h 29, the keyboard of Jason Leach
<jcl@mail.ocis.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of an update to the Debain 2.1 pgsql
> package?

The package in "unstable" (alias "potato", the future Debian 2.2) is 6.5.2.
But, because the GNU libc maintainers broke the compatibility :-( you cannot
install it on Debian 2.1 ("slink"). It may be possible to recompile it on a
2.1 machine.

> At the moment I have 6.3.x, and would like
> to at least get up to 6.4 so I can compile the perl DBI and
> DBD interfaces.

They exist as Debian packages on Debian 2.1, they work fine and you don't have
to compile them.

> Also, what is generally more parctical to learn? Pgsql with
> Perl or Java?  What's more commonly used as an interface
> in a production system under Linux/Unix?

I use Perl.