Re: [GENERAL] plpgsql problem: relocation error

От Gene Selkov, Jr.
Тема Re: [GENERAL] plpgsql problem: relocation error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Greetings.
>
> Using pg6.5.1 on Solaris 2.6, I'm trying to create a very simple function
> using plpgsql.  Here's the code I've executed:
>
> /*
> CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler () RETURNS OPAQUE AS
>     '/opt/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so' LANGUAGE 'C';
>
> CREATE TRUSTED PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE 'plpgsql'
>     HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler
>     LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgSQL';
> */
>
> CREATE FUNCTION bool(int2) returns bool as
> 'begin
>     if $1 = 1 or $1 = -1 then
>        RETURN t;
>     else
>        RETURN f;
>     end if;
> end;'
> language 'plpgsql';
>
> All of this loads fine.

In fact, nothing loads at this point. The function and the shared
object where it is contained simply become known to postgres.

> However, when I test the function, this is what
> happens:
>
> demogdata=> select bool(-1);
> ERROR:  Load of file /opt/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
> /opt/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file
> /opt/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced symbol
> not found

I do not know a thing about plpgsql, but I have just returned from a
hacking session in SunOS5.6 where I saw this very error being the
result of inappropriate compiler and linker options. Most notably, the
object files must be position-independent (-fPIC). Take a look at the
actual Makefile I ended up using (SunOS 5.6 should be identical to
Solaris 2.6)

SRCDIR= /appl/spinosa/Package_sources/postgresql-6.5.2/src
include $(SRCDIR)/Makefile.global

CFLAGS+= -fPIC -I$(LIBPQDIR) -I$(SRCDIR)/include

#
# DLOBJS is the dynamically-loaded object files.  The "funcs" queries
# include CREATE FUNCTIONs that load routines from these files.
#
DLOBJS= ec$(DLSUFFIX)

ifdef EXPSUFF
DLOBJS+= $(DLOBJS:.o=$(EXPSUFF))
endif

all: $(DLOBJS)

$(DLOBJS): ec.o
        $(CC) -G -dynamic -o ec.so ec.o

clean:
        rm -f $(DLOBJS)
        rm -f *.o *~ *#

If it's not gcc that you are using, I think you should look for
further clues in

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/programmer/dfunc1976.htm

--Gene