Re: [ANNOUNCE] New PostgreSQL book on web site

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] New PostgreSQL book on web site
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

> Bruce,
>
> Is this book to be available online *after* publication?  Just curious
> as the FreeBSD guide is NOT due to copyright restrictions...and I view
> that as rather unfortunate.  (It would be cool if Marc could include
> it on future PG cd's.)  Anyway, looks good so far!

I can't imagine removing it after the book is published, though I have
not specifically discussed that with the publisher.  I said I would like
to have it available on the web, and they said, "Sure, it helps book
sales."

I am CC'ing the publisher for a comment.

> Useless suggestion:
>
> I'd jazz up the title abit.  Maybe the 'Official Guide to Programming
> (and Using) PostgreSQL'...after all your authoring this tome makes it
> official and that carries more weight than some fellow at Que writing
> a `Teach Yourself Postgres In 24 Hours'.  (I like a bit of alliteration
> so the `Programming PostgreSQL' works for me.  ;-)

I liked "PostgreSQL Handbook", but this is Addision, Wesley, not Sam's.

They pick the title, and they have chosen a muted, dignified one.  The
title is not final, so it may change.

Pennsylvania19026