Re: [HACKERS] Logging - events supported

От Ben Bennett
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logging - events supported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Not sure if I missed something, but it would be nice to be able to log
performance information such as "query 'XYZ' performed a table scan on
a 3,000,000 row table", "query 'XYZ' took 3000 seconds to complete",
"query 'XYZ' forced a sort of a 4,000,000 row table", etc. where the
thresholds could be set by the administrator.  This would allow you to
periodically audit your server to make sure that there were sufficient
indices and that users/programmers were not writing really bad
queries.

Although I am not sure how difficult adding this to the backend is but
I would love to be able to hook a tool onto the logfile and see what
bad queries were being run while I ran an appliation against the
server.  This is especially useful if my application allows dynamic
queries.
    -ben

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?