Re: [GENERAL] How to import data from MDB or pipe delimited file into PostgreSQL

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to import data from MDB or pipe delimited file into PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- "Ross J. Reedstrom"

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/boylesa/pgupt/pgupt.shtml

> I haven't used it, but it seems to be targeted at
> exactly this task.
>
> Ross
>
> On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 10:15:23PM -0700, Mike
> Mascari wrote:
> > --- "Doran L. Barton" <fozz@iodynamics.com> wrote:
>
> <looking for help with MS-access -> PostgreSQL
> migration>
>

> > Another way is to use a PostgreSQL upsizing tool.
> > I have seen a post on this list several months ago
> > regarding this tool, which looks promising. The
> > search engine for the mailing list archives at
> > www.postgresql.org appeared broken as of a couple
> of
> > days ago and I don't have the URL to the page, but
> an
> > upsizing tool does, indeed, exist.
> >

> --
> Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm@rice.edu>
> NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer
> Computer and Information Technology Institute
> Rice University, 6100 S. Main St.,  Houston, TX
> 77005

Yes,

that's the one. Perhaps a link to this should be
on the website (since this seems to be a FAQ)?
I also find it less than obvious to locate the Win95
ODBC driver from www.postgresql.org. I always wind up
searching for "postgres ODBC" using a search engine. I

know its at Insight, but it should be one click away
at www.postgresql.org.

Thanks,

Mike Mascari
(mascarim@yahoo.com)