Re: [GENERAL] Can you write into a view?

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Can you write into a view?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
   Hello, I'm a new into the postgres's world, and I was
   seeing the User's Guide from V.6.4 and I saw that you
   can write into a View. In the new versions can you? If
   not, have any body any idea of when it would be
   reality?

You can do so now.  Just create a ON INSERT rule for the view.  You
can also create ON DELETE and ON UPDATE rules.  As a result, views can
be made to respond just like tables.  See Jan's excellent description
in the docs on how to use rules.  I think he has all this covered,
including examples.

Cheers,
Brook