Re: [GENERAL] postmaster respawning too fast

От Gene Selkov, Jr.
Тема Re: [GENERAL] postmaster respawning too fast
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Do you mean to replace with this command on /etc/inittab? (no /dev/null)
>
> pg:2345:respawn:/bin/su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
> -D /usr/local/pgsql/data >> /usr/local/pgsql/server.log 2>&1"

the command should be:

/bin/su - postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data >> /usr/local/pgsql/server.log"

(also, make sure it is written on a single line in your inittab)

> What should I observe after I change to the above command line?

The error message will be sent to your terminal instead of /dev/null.

--Gene

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] stored procedure revisited