Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

> On 12-Oct-99 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >> It looks good; I have a comment on the order of chapters, however.
> >>
> >> I suggest that Installlation goes in an Appendix.  More and more, people
> >> will be coming to machines that already have software installed, or have
> >> them installed as packages (.rpm or .deb).
> >

> >> Installation is the administrator's job, and not of interest to `normal'
> >> users, so it should not be placed in the book as if every user had to do
> >> it.
> >
> > Done.  Certainly better to get that at the end.  That chapter is going
> > to be a mess to look at.
>
> It doesn't have to be a mess.

Frankly, if I can get away with having whole sections that point to URL
files, so much the better.  If I can just point them to the INSTALL
file, and be done with it, great.

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book