Keeping postmaster running or restarting

От Doran L. Barton
Тема Keeping postmaster running or restarting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've been using PostgreSQL since it was Postgres95 and this has always been
a problem- only recently it has become a BIG problem.

I'm running an e-commerce backend using PostgreSQL and it works great but
crashes every once in a while for mysterious reasons and then the whole
company is breathing down my neck about it since we can't accept orders
without a database.

The only hint I've found is this in the log file:

  ERROR:  postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Network is unreachable

This is PostgreSQL 6.5.2 compiled from source on a RedHat Linux 5.2 (Intel)
system.

If I can't control this, how can I detect crashes like this and restart
the postmaster quickly?

-+Fozz

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz@iodynamics.com>
Iodynamics LLC -- "Internetworking the masses"