Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Most objections were beacause they were submitted just before the release
> date of 6.5.0. Now three months have passed.
> Which were the unsafe pathes? If an unsafe patch is one that can break
> some essential piece of code I would classify them in the following way:
>
>     array        safe, important bug fix to my contrib

Applied.

>     contrib        safe, changes to makefiles in my contrib

Applied.

>     copy-cancel-query    safe, it can't break anything unless you hit ^C

Applied.

>     emacs-vars        safe, only cosmetic changes required by emacs20

Applied.

>     free-tuple-mem    safe, it is under #ifdef and disabled by default.
>             I won't recommend enabling it in a production
>             environment, but it could be the solution of many
>             headaches for some people, like my old sinval
>             patch.

We would rather not add this code.

>     psql-readline    safe, it just sets a readline documented variable

Applied.

>     set-variable    mostly safe, except the queryLimit stuff which can
>             be removed if you don't trust it.
>             The pg_options variable can be set only by the
>             superuser.

Applied, except query limit.

> If you don't like the queryLimit stuff I can send you a new patch for the
> pg_options variable only.

Removed manually. Thanks.  I have been far behind in keeping up with
patches.

Pennsylvania19026

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: IPC on win32 - additions for 6.5.2 and current trees
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: bug in array contrib