TRUNCATE TABLE patch

От Mike Mascari
Тема TRUNCATE TABLE patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I submitted a patch to the patches list several
months ago which implemented Oracle's TRUNCATE TABLE
statement in PostgreSQL and was wondering whether or
not the patch was going to make it into current. I had
the patch ready before the 6.5 release but 6.5 was
already in beta at the time, so I waited until the
6.5 tree was split.

Recent discussions with regard to the functioning of
DROP TAPLE in transactions and changing heap_openr()
to require a locking type affect the nature of the
patch. TRUNCATE TABLE behaves like Oracle's DDL
statements by committing the running transaction and
starting a new one for the TRUNCATE operation
(which generates no rollback information), or, as
Bruce Momjian puts it "cheating".

Any news?

Just curious,

Mike Mascari