Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce,
>
> in HISTORY for 6.5.2 I see:
>
> This is to re-use space on index pages freed by vacuum(Tom)
>
> isn't this re-use indices after vacuum hack by Vadim ?
> (prevent indices to grow infinitely)

Thanks.  I have updated the release.sgml and the HISTORY file.

I should have posted the list of changes.  Here it is.  Gee, it is quite
a lot.  Thomas, any way to get the dates from the release.sgml into the
HISTORY file and the html output?

Detailed Change List
      subselect+CASE fixes(Tom)      Add SHLIB_LINK setting for solaris_i386 and solaris_sparc ports(Daren      Sefcik)
    Fixes for CASE in WHERE join clauses(Tom)      Fix BTScan abort(Tom)      Repair the check for redundant UNIQUE and
PRIMARYKEY indices(Tom)      Improve it so that it checks for multi-column constraints(Tom)      Fix for Win32 making
problemwith MB enabled(Hiroki Kataoka)      Allow BSD yacc and bison to compile pl code(Bruce)      Fix SET NAMES
int8fixes(Thomas)      Fix vacuum's memory consumption(Tom)      Reduce the total memory consumption of vacuum(Tom)
Fix for timestamp(datetime)      Rule deparsing bugfixes(Tom)      Fix quoting problems in mkMakefile.tcldefs.sh.in and
    mkMakefile.tkdefs.sh.in(Tom)      Update frontend libpq to remove limits on query lengths,      error/notice
messagelengths, and number of fields per tuple(Tom)      This is to re-use space on index pages freed by vacuum(Vadim)
   document -x for pg_dump(Bruce)      Fix for unary operators in rule deparser(Tom)      Comment out FileUnlink of
excesssegments during mdtruncate()(Tom)      Irix linking fix from Yu Cao <yucao@falcon.kla-tencor.com>      Repair
logicerror in LIKE: should not return LIKE_ABORT      when reach end of pattern before end of text(Tom)      Repair
incorrectcleanup of heap memory allocation during transaction      abort(Tom)

Pennsylvania19026