Re: [HACKERS] pgindent

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgindent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi All,
>
> I just tried to get pgindent to work and I ran into a few snags
>                         }
>                 }
> !           if (*buf_ptr == 'L' || *buf_ptr == 'l')
>                 *e_token++ = *buf_ptr++;
>         }

>             while (1) {
>                 if (!(seensfx & 1) &&
>                         (*buf_ptr == 'U' || *buf_ptr == 'u')) {
>                     CHECK_SIZE_TOKEN;
>                     *e_token++ = *buf_ptr++;
>                     seensfx |= 1;

> Also, in the openbsd source the specials buffer is automatically
> resized, so it seems that neither part of the patch is necessary for
> recent openbsd sources.

Great.  Your version looks nice.  BSDI also has fixed the buffer size
problem, but it was easier to just send people a patch to apply, rather
than illegally sending out their changes.

> I think that you need to use
> indent --version -npro </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> On my system (Redhat Linux 5.?) I get
>
>    aims2-bernie:$ indent --version
>    GNU indent 1.9.1
>    aims2-bernie:$ echo $?
>    0
>    aims2-bernie:$ bsdindent --version
>    bsdindent: Command line: unknown parameter "--version"
>    aims2-bernie:$ echo $?
>    1
>
> ( That is with 'bsdindent' as the patched freebsd indent )

Good.  OK, new test is:
indent --version </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1if [ "$?" -eq 0 ]then    echo "You do not appear to have 'indent' installed
onyoursystem." >&2        exit 1fi

> 3)
>
> Finally, the result of running
>
>   find . -name '*.[ch]' -type f -print | egrep -v '\+\+|/odbc/|s_lock.h'
> | xargs -n100 pgindent
>
> on a fresh copy of the 6.5 sources with either the openbsd or patched
> bsd indent is the following
>
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> ./backend/parser/gram.c
> Error@5251: #if stack overflow
> Error@5252: #if stack overflow
> Error@5263: Unmatched #endif
> Error@5264: Unmatched #endif

This is expected.  Gram.c is generated from gram.y, so there is no real
need to indent it.

> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> Hope you installed /src/tools/pgindent/indent.bsd.patch.
> ./interfaces/ecpg/test/header_test.h
> Error@19: Stuff missing from end of file.

I haven't seen the egcs problem.  In this case, it is getting confused
by the inline SQL commands.  No cause for concern.

Pennsylvania19026