Re: [HACKERS] PG_UPGRADE status

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PG_UPGRADE status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The issue with MVCC is that the state of a tuple isn't solely determined
> by what is in the disk file for its table; you have to also consult
> pg_log to see whether recent transactions have been committed or not.
> pg_upgrade doesn't import the old pg_log into the new database (and
> can't very easily, since the new database will have its own), so there's
> a problem with recent tuples possibly getting lost.
>
> OTOH, it seems to me that this was true in older releases as well
> (pg_log has always been critical data), so I guess I'm not clear on
> why pg_upgrade worked at all, ever...

At the end of pg_upgrade, there are the lines:
mv -f $OLDDIR/pg_log datamv -f $OLDDIR/pg_variable dataecho "You may remove the $OLDDIR directory with 'rm -r
$OLDDIR'."exit0

This is used to get the proper transaction status into the new
installation.  Is the VACUUM added to pg_upgrade necessary?

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PG_UPGRADE status?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PG_UPGRADE status