Re: [HACKERS] DROP TABLE inside transaction block

От Michael Simms
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DROP TABLE inside transaction block
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> (Of course, what would be really nice is if it just worked, but I don't
> see any way to make that happen without major changes.  Simply
> postponing the unlink to end of transaction isn't workable; consider
> BEGIN; DROP TABLE foo; CREATE TABLE foo; ...)

Cant you just rename to a unique name, maybee in another directory,
suchas:

~pgsql/data/base/template1/sometable

moves to

~pgsql/data/base/template1/pg_removals/postmasterpid/sometable

And if there is an abort, move back, if there is an end, delete it.

Possible?
                Michael Simms