Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
> > Yep.  Wouldn't the best way be to have the temp system record the
> > transaction id used, and to invalidate all temp entries associated with
> > an aborted transaction.  That is how the cache code works, so it seems
> > it should be extended to the temp code.
>
> Yeah, that would work -- add an xact abort cleanup routine that goes
> through the temprel list and removes entries added during the current
> transaction.
>
> AFAICS this only explains the coredump-at-exit business, though.
> I'm particularly baffled by that
> ERROR:  cannot find attribute 1 of relation pg_temp.24335.3
> in my last example --- do you understand why that's happening?

Who knows.  Once it gets messed up, anything can happen.   The problem
with indexes created in the same transaction as the temp table still is
a problem, though you say your new cache code fixes that.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] temp table oddness?