Re: University Masters Project

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: University Masters Project
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce,
>
> The replacement of the existing client/server communication project with
> CORBA looks very interesting, I would love to get involved with something
> like that. Is there anyone working on it at the moment? What area of it
> would you like me to look into, any ideas of how I could turn a project like
> that into a good Thesis? If you can give me some pointers I'll go and speak
> to my tutor about it all.

[CC'ing to hackers for comments.]

Well, one idea is to create a server that listens on a certain port for
CORBA requests, sends them to a backend for processing, and returns the
result.

The other idea is to replace our current communication system that uses
single-character flags and data with a corba model.  See developers
documentation for deals on that.

I think the first on is clearly good, the second may suffer from
performance problems, or it may not be worth changing all our interfaces
to handle a new protocol.

Pennsylvania19026