Re: [HACKERS] How to get 'psql -q' runs really quiet ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to get 'psql -q' runs really quiet ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> > I need to run psql really quiet - no messages, just returning RC.
> > psql -q doesn't works as supposed from man page -
> > I'm still getting messages like:
> > NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index .....
>
> The way libpq is set up, NOTICE messages *will* appear on stderr
> no matter what, unless the client app overrides the default notice
> message processor (which is this hugely complicated routine that
> calls fprintf(stderr, ...) ;-)).
>
> Perhaps psql ought to plug in a no-op notice message processor
> if -q is specified.

But it is an elog.  There is quite, and there is "Don't report any
errors".  We don't have a flag for that.  In fact, -q only turns of
greeting and goodbye, and -t turns off table headings and row counts.
Can't the user send these massages to /dev/null when starting psql, or
is the problem trimming out those notices?  Can't grep -v do that for
them?

Pennsylvania19026