Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote: >"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes: >> As far as I recall, the only error message he has listed
sofar is from >> psql, which merely records the unlink failure at the end of the vacuum. >> Everything else looks
remarkablylike the vc_abort bug. > >But the vc_abort problem didn't cause a backend coredump --- it just >reported an
errorand failed to complete the vacuum, no? >

I got a coredump too; I never mentioned it, because I found the proximate
cause and curing that made it go away.  When unlink failed in vc_shutdown,
it called ELOG and a segfault occurred a little later.

I forgot about that when your patch fixed the original problem.

--      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/                ========================================
Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may
be     accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall     come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."
                             Luke 21:36

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum