Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor (probably OT)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Crisp text editor (probably OT)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > I have been using MicroEmacs for 9 years, and have been looking for a
> > nice X editor.  I looked at Xemacs(too complex to configure), and some
> > others, but they did not have the required features.
>
> Have you checked out CodeCrusader ?
> (at http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~jafl/jcc )

Yes, codecrusader has no user-defined language coloring.  All hardcoded
in C++.  It seems more like a integrated development environment(IDE),
than an editor with macro support and keyboard playback.

> > I like a powerful
> > search/replace, tags support, macro support, as-you-type syntax
> > colorization with user-definable languages,
>
> Seems to still miss python colorization :(

Crisp has it.  A python mode already defined, though you can define your
own in a few minutes.  If you are trying Crisp, go to Options/Buffer,
and choose python as your colorizer.  Colorizers are defined in keyword
builder.

> > keyboard recording/playback, etc.
> >
> > I found that the commercial Crisp editor from
> > http://www.vital.com/crisp.htm does exactly what I want.  It has the
> > perfect balance between power and lean-ness I am looking for.  It is
> > only $75 for non-commerical use until the end of August for PC's, Linux,
> > *BSD's.   Support is $100/year.
> >
> > It is being actively developed by someone in England.  I have found a
> > few bugs, and they are working on them now.
> >
> > The license manager sounds very strict for an editor.  For BSDI, it
> > locks to the BSDI host license id, not the CPU id, which pre-Pentium
> > III's don't have anyway.  Not sure how the lock a MS Windows PC or
> > Linux.
>
> Does the non-commercial version also have a lock against commercial use
> ?

Non-commercial is cheaper.  That is the only difference.
Commercial/noncommercial is just what you tell the sales person.

Pennsylvania19026