Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 12:47:53PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> So, do Oliver's conventions make sense for most platforms? istm that
> they do. Would folks have problems with a mapping similar to what
> Oliver uses? We would use section one (1) and section seven (7), with
> a qualifier of ell (l) on each of the man page names. I won't do
> anything about it right now, but would like to get a consensus now
> that the subject has come up. Speak up now or forever hold your...

Well, they make sense for _me_ but then, I run Debian and use Oliver's
packages ;-) As to the general proposal: put them in the nubmered sections
witha unique suffix. I'd suggest, however, at least a two character suffix:
how about pg? or sql? (tcl/tk uses section 3 with foo.3tcl and bar.3tk)

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages