Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Yes, the subqueries need work.  We don't even do index lookups into the
> > inner plan, only sequential.  Already on TODO.  The multiple query
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What? Indices are used when appropriate.

Sorry, bad wording.  My English should be better.  :-)

I meant to say that joins from the outer plan to subplan are always
nested loops, not hash or mergejoins.  If you have something like:
delete from tab where col in (select col2 from largetable)

it takes a long time, when it really should be quick.  That is why
people are encouraged to use EXISTS.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Idea for speeding up uncorrelated subqueries