Re: [HACKERS] || PostgreSQL

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] || PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Duane -
I swear, the syncronicity is starting to get _real_ thick around here.
Take a look at the discussion between myself, Tom Lane, and Bruce
Mojarian yesterday, under the helpful subject line of Mariposa. We discuss
implementing model 2, which, as Thomas points out in his reply to you,
can be a superset of model 1. I need to be able to set up a distributed,
heterogenous database system. We've priced commerical offerings in this
field, and ones with sufficent flexibilty to do what we need start at
$40000 for a _two_ backend license.

Anyway, let's combine forces! I'm going to take a stab at this anyway, no
sense in duplicating effort. I could do a local CVS tree, to keep us synced.

Ross

P.S. Mariposa was a project out of Stonebraker's lab at Berkeley, to build a
distributed db. checkout http://mariposa.cs.berkeley.edu

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 10:33:05AM +0000, Duane Currie wrote:

<SNIP>

> Any preferences or options I haven't thought of?  (or any details which would
> complicate the project?)  As well, would anybody be interested in working on
> this?

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer