Re: [PORTS] HP-UX port

От Michael J Schout
Тема Re: [PORTS] HP-UX port
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Michael J Schout <mschout@mail.gkg-com.com> writes:
> > and the actual results are:
> > QUERY: SELECT random FROM RANDOM_TBL
> >   WHERE random NOT BETWEEN 80 AND 120;
> > random
> > ------
> >    123
> > (1 row)
>
> > Which looks like a genuine bug to me :).
>
> No, that's expected behavior, actually.  The random test wouldn't be
> random if it didn't fail occasionally :-).  The parameters are set so

I agree :).  When I qlanced at it the first time, I missed the "NOT" in the
query, so I didnt think that 123 should have been returned at all, which is
obviously false :).  It looks like the regressions are okay then, which is
a relief :).

> Interesting.  May or may not be a 64-bit issue; it might be a problem
> with the machine-dependent spinlock code.  Check out
> src/include/storage/s_lock.h and src/backend/storage/buffer/s_lock.c.

Ill hopefully get some time next week to look at this.  I'll let you know
if I can figure it out :)

Mike

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patches for Postgresql on Linux/Alpha!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patches for Postgresql on Linux/Alpha!