Re: [BUGS] [Keystone Slip # 14] Building pristine source on RedHat Alpha6.0

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] [Keystone Slip # 14] Building pristine source on RedHat Alpha6.0
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [BUGS] [Keystone Slip # 14] Building pristine source on RedHat Alpha6.0  (Stephen Kogge <stevek@uimage.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce,
>

> Dead sure.  It took me some time to locate the offending line. I
> initially thought it was a shell expansion problem.

Yikes.  Is this the expected behavour?  Does anyone else see this?

> The platform is RedHat linux 6.0 with egcs-2.91.66.
> [me@linny2 src]# ./configure
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking host system type... alpha-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking echo setting...
> checking setting template to... linux_alpha
> checking setting USE_LOCALE... disabled
> checking setting CYR_RECODE... disabled
> checking setting MULTIBYTE... disabled
> checking setting DEF_PGPORT... 5432
> checking setting DEF_MAXBACKENDS... 32
> checking setting USE_TCL... disabled
> checking setting USE_PERL... disabled
> checking setting USE_ODBC... disabled
> checking setting ASSERT CHECKING... disabled
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O -mieee  # optimization -O2
> removed becau
> se of egcs problem ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot creat
> e executables.
>

> Peter
>
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Slip number -----: 14
> > > Problem ---------: Building pristine source on RedHat Alpha 6.0
> > > Opened by -------: bannisp@cwdom.dm on 07/24/99 22:36
> > > Assigned To -----: thomas
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Hmm.  That is strange.  I thought the Makefile would honor the # and not
> > pass it through.  No one else has reported this as a problem. Are you
> > sure?
> >
> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Pennsylvania19026

От: Dmitry Samersoff
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Off-topic: autoconf guru