Re: [HACKERS] Checking if a system is ELF

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Checking if a system is ELF
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 08:20:31PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> Thus spake Ross J. Reedstrom
> > tatabox% echo __ELF__ | gcc -E -
> > # 1 ""
> > __ELF__
>
> This implies that tatabox is not an ELF system.  Is that accurate?
>
> > wallace$  echo __ELF__ | gcc -E -
> > # 1 ""
> > 1
>
> And this says that wallace is.  Correct or no?

Quite correct. I had the logic backwords from the original suggestion.
I can only plead pre-dinner hunger - lack of glucose to the brain ;-)

Don't know about feeding the native cc on stdin. Probably have to
create a temp file and compile that.

Ross

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer