SIGSEGV on CREATE FUNCTION with plpgsql

От Wayne Piekarski
Тема SIGSEGV on CREATE FUNCTION with plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I sent a bug report in a week ago about problems with pg_proc and getting
SIGSEGV when trying to create largish functions.

[please see my previous posting for details]
I'm not sure what to do here, I tried dropping the pg_proc_prosrc_index
and it died, and so I have to leave it hanging around.

Also, my functions are all quite small, (less than 2k) except for two of
them, which are just over 2k, but nowhere near 4k in size which would
cause the btree index to die as someone mentioned.

So can someone give me some advice? Do you want me to provide a stack dump
or something?

Right now I'm reluctant to play with my plpgsql functions because I'm
scared its going to die and I wont be able to reload them back in.

In order to get my pg_dump to reload I had to do a few hacks, like
creating some functions before reloading the backup to cause them to get
loaded in a different order. pg_proc can also be corrupted with BTP_CHAIN
and things as a result of this problem as well.

ciao,
Wayne

Wayne Piekarski                               Tel:     (08) 8221 5221
Research & Development Manager                Fax:     (08) 8221 5220
SE Network Access Pty Ltd                     Mob:     0407 395 889
222 Grote Street                              Email:   wayne@senet.com.au
Adelaide SA 5000                              WWW:     http://www.senet.com.au