Port Bug Report: Error when compiled with --enable-locale and --with-mb=LATIN2

От Unprivileged user
Тема Port Bug Report: Error when compiled with --enable-locale and --with-mb=LATIN2
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               : Tomas Pluskal
Your email address      : plusik@pohoda.cz

Category                : install: other
Severity                : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
  Operating System   : Linux 2.2.9 ELF (RedHat 6.0)

  PostgreSQL version : 6.5.1

  Compiler used      : egcs-2.91.66

Hardware:
---------
Pentium 150, 96 MB RAM

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake 3.77, flex 2.5.4

Problem Description:
--------------------
I configured the version 6.5.1 with --enable-locale and --with-mb=LATIN2, make compile completed successfully, but the
enginedoesn't start, because the program pg_encoding doesn't work - when I run it myself as "pg_encoding <anything>" it
says:
pg_encoding: error in loading shared libraries: pg_encoding: undefined symbol: pg_encoding_to_char
(I have added /usr/local/pgsql/lib to ld.conf and ran ldconfig)

Test Case:
simply recompile 6.5.1 with --enable-locale and --with-mb=LATIN2

BTW why doesn't work --with-mb=WIN1250 even when he codepage WIN1250 is included in postgres ?

Solution:
---------
I tried to look in the sources, but I didn't find anything wrong :(