Re: [GENERAL] Buffer Sizes

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Buffer Sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 10:25:04AM +1000, Michael Yeung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Error when reloading the database is :
>
> "query buffer max length of 20000 exceeded"
> "query line ignored"

Ah, if I remember correctly, the 6.3->6.4 upgrade required dumping the old db
with the _new_ pg_dumpall, otherwise it'd throw and error while reloading.
What usually happens to me when I do something like that is the error flys by,
then the rest of the file gets taken as a really long, badly formed query.

I assume your doing something like:

psql template1 <dump_all_6.3.sql

try something like (this is for a bash shell: season to taste for csh)

psql -e template1 <dump_all_6.3.sql | less 2>&1

then in the pager, search for ERROR

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer