Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/include/port linux.h'

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/include/port linux.h'
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Bruce,
>
> Could you check what was originally in linux.h before the
> "#if if" problem.
>
> My port is SPARC Linux, which now fails to compile because
> slock_t is no longer defined.
>
> As you can see there is no reference to __sparc__ in the
> linux.h header file nor any default definition if the #if's
> fail.
>
> I defined slock_t the same as i386 for sparc and things seem
> to be OK, although I'd be more comfortable if I knew what was
> originally there.
>
> I don't have an unbroken copy of this file anymore.

Good question.  The old code had:

    #else                           /* i386 probably */
    typedef unsigned char slock_t;

    #endif

Doesn't engender confidence, does it?  Seeing as it used to work, I have
added:

    #elif defined(__sparc__)
    typedef unsigned char slock_t;

so it now explicitly has this lock for sparc, rather than falling into
an #else that could be any cpu.