Re: [HACKERS] New version number 6.6 or 7.0

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New version number 6.6 or 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > We've been making pretty steady progress over the last few releases.
> > I'd suggest that a bump to 7.0 should happen when we've accumulated
> > most of the fixes/improvements from the "hot list". We've worked
> > through most of those; here are the ones I'd like to see at or before
> > a 7.0 release:
> >
> > o implement outer joins
> > o merge date/time types and deprecate the old 4-byte ones
>
> My opinion is that MVCC should have jump'd us to 7.0 in the first
> place...
>
> IMHO, release for October should be v7.0 ... if the above two get done,
> great, if not, no probs...

Due to overwhelming agreement, it is 6.6.  I personally vote for 7.0,
and so do you, but we are outnumbered.  We can revisit this as the
release gets closer, but to change it then, I am going to have to change
PG_VERSION, and that will require initdb for everyone.  Perhaps just
before we enter beta, we can discuss it, knowing then what our features
will be.

Pennsylvania19026