Re: [PORTS] Postgresql for NT?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [PORTS] Postgresql for NT?
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > I have read somewhere that Postgresql has been ported to Windows NT, but
> > can't find it now.
> >
> > Does somebody on this list know whether there are any binaries for NT
> > available and where?  I could not find any at ftp.postgresql.org.
>
> See my website http://members.tripod.com/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
> about porting Postgres to NT.

We also have an NT readme that will be in 6.5.1:

From: "Joost Kraaijeveld" <JKraaijeveld@askesis.nl>
To: "Pgsql-Ports@Postgresql. Org" <pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org>
Subject: RE: [PORTS] Re: psql under win32
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:07:47 +0200

Installing PostgreSQL on NT:

It can be done by done by typing configure, make and make install.

1. Install the Cygwin package
2. Update to EGCS 1.1.2
   (This may be optional.)

1. Install the Andy Piper Tools (http://www.xemacs.freeserve.co.uk/)
   (This may be optional.)

1. Download the Cygwin32 IPC Package by Ludovic LANGE
   (http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc/
2. Untar the package and follow the readme instructions.
3. I tested 1.03.
4. I used the \cygwin-b20\h-i568-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\lib and
\cygwin-b20\h-i568-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\include\sys instead of the
/usr/local/lib and usr/local/include/sys.

1. Download the current version of PostgreSQL.
2. Untar the package.
3. Copy the files from \pgsql\src\win32 according to the readme file.
3. Edit \pgsql\src\template\cygwin32 if needed (I had to adjust the YFLAGS
path).
4. ./configure
5. make
6. create the directory /usr/local/pgsql manually: the mkdir cannot create a
directory 2 levels deep in one step.
7. make install
8. cd /usr/lical/pgsql/doc
9. make install
10. Set the environmental data
11. Initdb --username=jkr (do not run this command as administrator)

12. Open a new Cygwin command prompt
13. Start "ipc-deamon&" (background proces)
14. Start "postmaster -i 2>&1 > /tmp/postgres.log &" (background proces)
15. Start "tail -f /tmp/postgres.log" to see the messages

16. cd /usr/src/pgsql/src/test/regress
17. make all runtest

All test should be run, allthought the latest snapshot I tested (18-4)
appears to have some problems with locking.

Joost

[Added by bjm]

By default, PostgreSQL clients like psql communicate by default using
unix domain sockets, which don't work on NT.  Start the postmaster with
-i, and when connecting to the database from a client, set the PGHOST
environment variable to 'localhost' or supply the hostname on the
command line.