Re: include-file cleanup

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: include-file cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It took a little work to recompile after the include-file cleanups :-(.
> You got overenthusiastic about removing #includes, apparently.
> I have checked in changes for the ones that caused compile failures
> or warnings here, but there may be more.

I have reviewed and replaced config.h in all files it appeared in in
6.5, where postgres.h or c.h were not already included.  I have also
removed config.h from the cleaning script, just as postgres.h was never
removed.

I imagine running this only every year or two.

> One thing that particularly disturbs me is that "config.h" was removed
> from some of the files in src/backend/port/.  I had to put this back
> in the ones used on my platform.  I didn't touch anything I didn't get
> a warning from, but I would strongly counsel making sure that config.h
> still gets included *everywhere*, even if it doesn't seem necessary.

I put them all back in the port/ directory.  This is also the reason I
did not change any of the system includes, because different OS's need
different includes.

> Failing to do so may cause subtle problems due to #define symbols not
> being defined where they should be or prototypes not being visible that
> should be.  This is especially dangerous in platform-specific code.

Yes, I know I fixed a number of places where tests were made before
postgres.h/c.h/config.h were included.

Pennsylvania19026